Everyone needs a little inspiration to get their creative juices flowing and that most certainly applies to your next hairdo. If you feel like you need to make either a drastic or subtle change to your tresses you’ve come to the right place in more ways than one.
We’ve compiled a list of hairstyles that we feel that everyone should try out at least once this year, to brighten up these somber times we’re currently living in. The best part of this is that our barber-stylists at Orchard & Ludlow are talented and can definitely execute several of the looks we love in this list!
Take a seat, grab a glass of wine and choose your next hairstyle from the list below.
● Halsey. Feeling bold or want to rid the attachment you hold to your hair? Then, this look is for you. Shaving your head is a daring move but it can also be freeing. In society, hair can hold a lot more value than it may need to. People pass judgment on certain hairstyles and women especially face this scrutiny. Halsey herself came to the realization that “nothing was stopping [her] except for everyone else’s opinion,” she shared in an
interview with Byrdie. Her decision has since made her feel “liberated,” and who
wouldn’t want to feel that!
● Rihanna. Who would’ve thought that the mullet would make a reappearance in the 21st
century? For that we have Riri to thank! Although it’s a polarizing look it’s definitely one
that can add that little bit of needed edge to your life. If you work an uptight, typical
corporate job this hairstyle can still work for you as it’s famously known as being
“business in the front and party in the back.” Now, if your job allows a little more
freedom than there’s nothing holding you back from this killer look!
● Kylie Jenner. Every once in a while rocking long tresses is good for the soul. While they may require more maintenance and time, there’s nothing like waist length hair to
guarantee all eyes on you. Whether you decide to invest time in growing your own hair
out, or purchasing a wig like Kylie did, just know that it was a decision worth making.
You can even add a twist on this look by adding highlights are dying it a completely
● Demi Lovato. This look is for you if there’s no one making you blush enough in your
life. This shade and cut Demi adopted is the perfect mix of dainty and rock and roll and
one that looks great on everyone. It’s the perfect pop of color to brighten up your days
and if you’re a little hesitant to shave your head completely, you can first adopt this short
look before going that route.
● Zoe Kravitz. Last but not least, the beautiful Zoe Kravitz. Zoe has always had that boho
vibe to her that we all love from her head to her toes. Her signature hairstyle is so popular now that the Google search “Zoe Kravitz braids,” has become a common one. Her box braids are ones that are typically waist-length and have a more relaxed look to them, so the maintenance is not as strict as it can be with typical box braids. Integrate this low maintenance look into your lifestyle and you won’t regret it.
Looking for a stylist to execute some of these looks? Look no further as our barber-stylists are talented at dye jobs, haircuts and more! Book now by visiting www.orchardandludlow.com